Thursday, January 03, 2008

Why is everything so friggin expensive?

Well, I know why, but that doesn't stop me from lamenting. I'm making a wish list of gear I hope to acquire this year and looking at the numbers is making my eyes water.

Nikon D3 - $5000
17-35mm 2.8 Lens - $1500
24-70mm 2.8 lens - $1700
Apple 23 Inch Display - $900
Profoto AcuteB (location lighting) - $3000
Bilenky Cargo Bicycle - $2800

The tricky part is to prioritize what I should shoot for (no pun intended) first. I'm in need of a 2nd body, so the D3 will probably be my first priority. However, I've been wondering how I could more quickly improve my images and a good location light kit would do that, so the Profoto gear is also near the top. And it goes on and on....

When I look at it all at once it's really a bit defeating. However, I have to remind myself that last year I was faced with the same mountain and managed to chip a fair amount off. It just takes time, patience and savvy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

go with alien bees, save $2k :).

-tim
www.timmelideo.com