Sunday, October 14, 2007

Couple portrait session....


Shot a fun couple portrait session this afternoon (thanks Emily and Andy!). It became a mini tour of Long Beach. We started at the Pike and worked our way to the lighthouse. It was a good session and I really tried to work the environment into the pics. This is a nice snap at the base of the ferris wheel at the Pike. I had to shoot quickly while we were down there because we were starting to get funny looks from the security guards (what can you do?).

I was wearing my jetpack (my Lowepro backpack with light stand and umbrella poking out). I set up the light pretty quickly (Nikon strobe popping full blast into a silver umbrella) and took about half a dozen shots trying to overpower the ambient. The final exposure was a little under exposed because the strobes couldn't pop enough light but it was easy to correct in post.

It was a fun time and a great way to spend an afternoon.

No comments: