Thursday, October 18, 2007

The District Weekly gets a facelift

The District Weekly updated their website! It's got a lot more content and will apparently have some video content as well. Pretty snazzy.

I went to the District's "Best Of" party last night at Smooth's. It was ok, I felt a little out of place. I was hoping to meet other people from the magazine since I only knew a handful of writers, but it was hard to discern the guests from the staff. The most contact I get is usually an email on my Blackberry with a name of the person I'm suppose to photograph, a phone number and a deadline :)

Ah, the joys of the virtual office.

When I left the party however, I found that someone stole my front light off my bike. A real cheap shot. To make things worse when I was riding away I hit a big hole in the street (got to love what passes for streets in Long Beach) and got a flat and walked the rest of the way home.

No comments: