Saturday, August 02, 2008

How to use a Bus Bike Rack

I got an email from someone that found my blog from the KTLA show. She wanted to know if there was any video on how to put a bike on the rack. It's a good question, since they're not super-intuitive and a steaming bus full of people trying to get to work might not be the best time to try it out for the the first time. So here's a fun little video that shows how to use a rack. They're similar to the racks on the buses in Los Angeles.



What they don't show too well is a little handle that you pull to raise and lower the whole rack mechanism. When I get a chance I'll take a snap of that and post it.

My suggestion is to try to intercept a bus on the weekend or at a transit mall and play with it if you get the chance. It's good to try it on the bike you're going to use, so you're use to lifting it and attaching the wheel lock.

No comments: