Friday, February 27, 2009

What's so eco-friendly about bicycling?



I get this question a lot, believe it or not. When I first had the sign on my bike made, I thought it was pretty clear. A sort of short-hand about what I do. I needed a quick way to explain to people why I was arriving by bike. It wasn't because I couldn't afford a car or that I was destitute. I just thought it was a good thing to do for myself, others and the environment.

Eco-Friendly Bicycling Photographer.

Simple?

However, it seems to be interpreted like a strange haiku sometimes. What's eco-friendly about bicycling? Do you only take photos of bikes? Do you only take photos FROM your bike? Do you strap cameras to your bike and take pictures? Do you strap cameras to your bike and take photos of other bikes? Etc.,

Like I said, a haiku :)

Maybe I should make this graph into a sign (hat tip to Ecovelo for pointing it out) or atleast print it out and hand it to people.

No comments: