Thursday, July 26, 2007

Ta Da! Finally done!


Press the play button!


Well, my opus thus far for documentary family portraits is done. I shot about 20 gigs of images. Approximately 1600 RAW files. Of that, I did a first round edit to about 366 images. I had to pare down the 366 to 144 images for the slideshow.

Whew!

When you do an edit like that, everything comes into play. You measure carefully the value of each image, not only for its own weight, but also its relationship to other images. I think that's where the true art of editing takes place. It reminds me of this quote:

Perfection is achieved not when nothing more can be added, but when nothing more can be taken away.

1 comment:

Tim Broyer said...

Wow Russ, those are awesome! I'm sure the client will be very pleased.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to see their reaction.

Tim