Thursday, December 04, 2008

Day in the Life of Tony Cruz


A few more images from my shoot this morning. This stuff I did NOT use the G10 :) The G10 is a bit slow for some things, but more importantly, it really blows after 200 ISO. These images were shot with my faithful D300 and D200 using a 17-55 2.8 and a Tokina 11-16 2.8. I don't quite have the dollars for a full frame Nikon just yet, so I shoot ultra-wide with the Tokina. Not a bad lens for the money and MUCH cheaper than a D3 or D3x.








I wanted a real intimate feel for the images. Something more like a "day in the life" essay rather than something too slick. One of my beliefs is that bicycling would be more mainstream if people looked at cyclists as PEOPLE and not TRAFFIC problems. With that in mind, I tried to focus on the humanity of Tony Cruz as a professional cyclist rather than the trappings of a "racer" so to speak.


No comments: