Thursday, April 30, 2009

A gem on PCH



I got assigned to shoot at Sophy's Cambodian today. Yes, there is a woman named Sophy and she runs the place. We rode our bikes up Orizaba (a good street to bike on btw that runs parallel to Redondo).



She made three dishes. Beef kabobs, salmon salad and a yellow curry. The food was pretty easy to shoot. They looked great so it was just a matter of figuring out the light and how to position the plates. Someone commented and asked if I have an assistant. I usually don't. In fact, it would have been nice to have one on this shoot.

I had my camera in my right hand and my left hand was holding my lucky white matt board that is crinkled and stained from 2 years of food guides just off to the left side of the frame. That's about as high tech as I get. No assistants. No beauty dish. No ring light. Just a small softbox a used Nikon SB-28 strobe and a piece of matt board (I should take a picture of it).

No comments: