Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A hard drive to Fascist Island...

Had a long morning this morning. I've managed to fill up another 500G LaCie external drive and had to go out and get a new one. Unfortunately, there aren't any stores that sell them in the LBC so off I went to Fascist Island. It turned out to be about a 50 mile round-trip with the Xtracycle. I've done the ride before a few times with my road bike and it's a lot less painful.

Funny thing on the ride is I actually ran into a few people I knew, this rarely ever happens. One guy was driving in his truck, when I heard a "Hey Russ!" He was probably as surprised to see me as I was to see him out in Newport. Another person was on a bike with his wife and was wondering what I was doing quite a few miles from my hood.

Sometimes it's a small world on a bicycle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Russ! Just curious why Lacie is your hard drive of choice. I'm looking for a 1TB hard drive for my photos and there are quite a few brands out there at about the same price. Lacie is about 180 for a 1TB now. Anyway, thanks in advance for any info on this.