Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Eat (Dinner) At the Potholder

If you're a Long Beach local, chances are you've had breakfast at The Potholder Cafe at least once after a long night of sport drinking. The Potholder is a Long Beach icon of sorts and is known for their great breakfast menu and walls with photos of customers holding a sign "Eat at the Potholder" while standing in Hawaii, Mexico or Iraq.

I had the good luck of being hired by them to shoot some images for their dinner menu. We decided to play around with the customer-holding-a-sign idea. I shot some standard food shots, then a few lifestyle images of people hanging out, then I beg and pleaded with some of the customers there for a snap with the sign. It was a fun evening of shooting and I hope my images go a long way in promoting their business.





No comments: