Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Bilenky in action...

Some snaps of the Bilenky in action...



The Bilenky front end is pretty roomy and robust, but isn't prepared to carry much out of the box.



I taped up some old tubes to save the paint from being scratched up by cargo.



I've been using some marine safety netting wrapped around the rack several times to create a sling to carry things.



I can tuck a tripod and a canvas roll with a lightstand, softbox and umbrella on the "shelf" of the rack. They act to support the load above as well.



A side view of the rack with my stands on the bottom tier and a Pelican case with my camera gear on the top tier. All of it strapped down with some heavy duty tie-downs from West Marine.



My mobile studio!



The view from the cockpit.

4 comments:

Apertome said...

What an awesome machine. Great shots of it, too. It looks like you could easily put more gear on there if you needed to (and I'm sure you will, eventually).

Unknown said...

This makes bicycling seem so practical...

Unknown said...

How does the bike handle.

Vik said...

How does it compare to your Xtracycle for ease of loading and handling/performance when riding loaded?

Love the orange...=-)